Introducing the new Terrafirma Ground Report, a best in class ground risks and liabilities report that includes an expert professional opinion, risk assessment and risk transfer on all potential ground risks.
The 25th Edition of The Law Society Conveyancing Handbook includes new guidance supported by the experts at Terrafirma, on Mining and Natural Ground Perils. To ensure solicitor due diligence, the new Terrafirma Ground Report satisfies the new Law Society guidance and ensures compliance.
The Terrafirma Ground Report translates the risk from mining activity, subsidence, sinkholes, radon, fracking, mineral planning activity and much more. It also includes Terrafirma’s official CON29M report, as well as never-seen before data and technology driven solutions to analyse the potential impact of man-made and natural ground perils on property transactions.
Dynamic next steps and an industry-leading professional opinion ensure the purchaser is fully informed and report terms are comprehensively transferred from the solicitor to the experts at Terrafirma.
The Terrafirma Ground Report includes:
- The first integrated official Terrafirma CON29M (2018) as licensed by The Law Society
- All other mining searches (e.g. tin, metalliferous, limestone, chalk, gypsum, clay, Cheshire brine, other brine, Bath Stone
- Evidence of ground movement analysis, using innovative satellite technologies never-before-seen data
- All known Natural Ground Perils, including Slope stability, running sands, sinkholes and erosion
- Mineral planning and future mining or extraction activities and oil and gas including fracking) activities
- Comprehensive information on the risk of radon exposure
- Expert professional opinion on natural clay-related subsidence, assessing not only British Geological Survey data but pioneering University-researched soil models
- All potential physical, financial and legal liabilities associated with past mining activity
- Terms and conditions that include a £10 million Professional Indemnity Policy (per report)
Unique Benefits of The Terrafirma Ground Report
- 100% of the risk of reporting on mining and natural ground perils is transferred to Terrafirma, under their market-leading Terms and Conditions
- Dynamic and colour-coded next steps based on a site and property specific risk assessment
- Includes an integrated official CON29M, satisfying The Law Society CON29M (2018) guidance report and includes Coal & Cheshire Brine Search Insurance (up to £50,000)
- Expert risk assessment and analysis included on all ground risks, translated into clear, reliable and practical advice
- Inclusion of industry leading terms and conditions providing £10 million professional indemnity per report
- New technologies and data modelling has increased the pass rate to over 97% including for ground risks such as clay subsidence, sinkholes and mining
- Includes Terrafirma’s unique SinkholeALERT database containing over 9000 ground collapse and an investigated subsidence claim database containing over 120,000 claims
- Traffic light system and legend, highlighting key actions for conveyancer, lender and purchaser
- Unique ground movement module using the latest available space data (CGG’s InSAR data from Sentinel-1 satellite)
- Terrafirma Profession opinion included for all ground risks, providing reliable answers to any potential impact on completion, value, use or enjoyment.
Please ask your conveyance or visit https://understandtheground.co.uk/ for more information.